Tuesday, May 12, 2020

The Disk, pts. 1 & 2

I actually had to drink some wine before starting. Didn't think it'd be this hard to type a story word-for-word. This isn't the absolute first story, that one's been lost since I began December 2, 1998 [not exactly sure if that's the one, but it's the thought that counts]. There are no fixed parts, no corrections, no grammar doctoring or punctuation jabbing. All wretchedness aside, this is a story that is the beginning of a shitload of stories that actually Don't suck. Without further ado, The Disk. [Part 1] ~~~~ "I won't go with you." I said. "Yes, you will." the man said, and he snapped his fingers. This henchman came up behind me, grabbed me around the waist, and lifted me up from the ground. "Man," I said, "today of all days. What do you want?!" "Well, I want the disk." he replied. "What disk?" I asked. "You know 'what disk.'" he replied. "No, I don't." I said "The probability of you not knowing about what is on that disk is, well, very slim, but if you want to play games with me, fine, the disk with the blueprints to the XB5000, you know, the biggest crime assault weapon man has ever known. Plus, if it got into the wrong hands, well, the world will bow down to us criminals, begging for mercy. So, hows that for right now, Callie?" He explained. "Pretty good." I said, "But one thing remains between you and that disk." I explained. "Oh, and whats that?" he asked. "Me." I replied. I kicked back my foot, and got the henchman in the groin. He let me go. I fell to the ground, then quickly picked myself up and ran. I ran a few blocks to the busy streets [that weren't so busy, but a good show]. I got the disk out of my purse and in hand, and got a pen out. I wrote on the sticker 'Get to Police.' Aftger that, I looked back to see if they were coming - they were. I picked up my speed, and ran across the street. The roads were busy and a whole bunch of cars came after I got across, the cars flooded through. I walked away, but had to get that disk to the police. I quickly scrawled my name on the sticker. My invention wasn't going to get taken like this. I looked back, they got across the street, and were running towards me. I saw something that I could do. I went to this grocery store, and the men were closer than I thought. One of the guys grabbed my ankle, and I went down. The door was pushed open, and the disc flew out of my hand and flew into the store out of sight. The guy who grabbed my ankle knelt up, and pulled my arms back. The main guy said his name was Steve, then he got out a rag, and swished some chloroform on it. I wasn't able to move, just struggle. The man put the cloth over my mouth, my eyes went wide, then it was over. [Back at the store] A person was watching from the inside. When the med left with me in hand, she was horrified. She saw where the disk went, picked it up, read it, and got her coat. But then she got smart. She went to the phone, and called the police. Ten minutes later the police were questioning her and baggin the disk [they'll look at it back at the station]. My father, Nathan, got the disk, recognized my writing, and plugged the disk into the computer. He knew what was on the disk, he just didn't know. I made a little intro I called the 'Big Kahuna.' It looks innocent, like a regular fun site. But when you go up to 'games' and there are about ten games, half are disk programs, he clocked onto 'Mine Sweeper' and played two rounds [this is how you get in], and he won both, then he started clicking on the flags, then he clicked on the last flag, and the screen went blank then the 'Big Kahuna' screen came back on, but he saw a little Icon in the left hand bottom corner, and clicked on it. From 'The Lion King' game, Timon said, 'It starts.' 'The Saint', Val Kilmer getting caught flashed into the computer, then it showed from the beginning when Val Kilmer jumped off the edge of the place. Then from 'Masterminds', the part where Patrick Stewart cuts off the mom and says, 'I'm sorry to break up this moment, but we now know you you are.' then Ozzy says, 'Mom, I won't fail you.' "Wait." Nathan suddenly said, "Get me security tapes here." He was upset and filled with sadness and anger, "I'll get you back, Callie." He stared at the screens, then he saw it. He saw the way the disk flew out of my hands when I got caught. Then leutenent Gable came in, saw his eyes start to well up, and she sat down next to him, and offered him a tissue, he took it. Then he said, 'She is the brains of the family. They wanted the disk. Her disk. Her invention. She didn't get it tested all the way, but it works. A sixteen-year-old-young lady, going to MIT next year.' Mom came in, and said, 'As soon as I found out, hon, I came as fast as I could.' The two hugged, and sat down at the computer, and watched the gun form and after it was done, it started spinning [to show the entire gun]. "We shouldn't have let her do that." Mom said. "We did the right thing, though." Dad said. "We let her grow up. She is smart. We trust her to do the right thing. We give her our support, so we just act confident about this." "I suppose you're right, but Nathan, she's just a child!" They hugged and prayed that she was okay. ~~~~ I woke up, and the I was tied up, but just on the hands and feet, and they were semi-tight on my ankles, but loose chain between the ankles and wrists. I got up, and went to the window, and saw the back side of the state capitol -- The Sower. I looked at the building across the street, one window was right across from me. I counted how many floors there were under the window - 5 floors under the window - and went to find my purse. I found my purse, alright; it was on the table, and my stuff was scatted all over the table, "The disk is gone!" I thought. Then I heard footsteps, and I tried to run to the bed, but the chains slowed me down, so I just slowed down with it the door opened, and Steve came in, "Hello." "Hi." "As you can see, we can't find your disk. . . anywhere. We even searched you when you were asleep." "I told you i didn't have it." "Well, you were lying then, but you had it." "Then I lost it." "You don't lose a fortune, do you?" "No." "That information is your fortune, and if we don't get that disk, it will be worthless to you" "Why must, you threaten me?" "Why shouldn't we?" "Because, my father is a state official." "All the more reason." "He'll find you and send you to prison." "But, if he doesn't?" "He will." "Then why don't we just ransom you for the disk?" Then he put duct tape on my mouth. I took it off because of the hand situation. "If you DO that. . . " "What?! You'll do what? You'll tell your Daddy?!" He stomped out of the room, slamming the door behind him. "Jerk." I walked back to the window. There was a ledge outside. I took a bobbypin out of my hair, and picked the locks on my shoes. "Pretty easy." I thought. Then I picked the locks on my hands, and I'm freed! "I'm going to open the. . . wait!" I thought. "There's a phone in here!" I picked up the working phone, then put it down. I went back to the window, and took a looks again: 5 stories up, building across the street same height, behind the state capital [sower], and street address, 4206 & Q [A/N: totally inaccurate! dm 12/9/09], if you're going south, I'll be on the right side of the street. . . Do I have my pager? Nope. The jerks took it. I guess I'll stick to the phone. But would I want to be more or less dependent towards my parents? They'd love me either way. "No." I thought, "I don't know!" I thought to myself. "I can't decide. If I do this on my own, I wouldn't really know where I was going, but I wouldn't be fetched, and I have a sort of a plan." I climbed out the window, and looked down. "Why do I suddenly hate this plan?" I remembered something, "Oh, my purse." I whispered. I walked back in, grabbed my purse, then started to go out again, then Steve walked in. "Going somewhere?" "Yes." "No." "Yes." "No." "Yes." "You're not going anywhere, because you're not holding the gun." "Point taken, but lets say that I try to get away, and you shoot me, its a lose-lose situation, you don't get the disk, and the state will be after you for the rest of your life, but as I said it before, a lose-lose situation." He put the gun away. "Follow me." he said. I didn't ask where I was, because I knew pretty much where I was. "Aren't you going to ask me where you are?" "No." "Why not?" "I don't want to think about bad things when something bad has happened already." "You know where you are, and I know it." "Why do you say that?" "Because of your lack of concern." "I don't want to know because I don't want to have a mental breakdown." I snapped. "Don't go there, Callie, but just in case you do know where you are, and right now I'm going to give you some time to nap." "You don't scare me." "Yes, I do." "N-no, you don't." "Wanna bet?" "Yes." "In here." I walked into a room, it didn't look like a small room, totally black, except for a single circle of light a little far of, "Stand in that circle and brace yourself." I was really cautious. I got into the circle, and all my shields were up. "If you're tense, you will be in more pain." he said, "which will be more fun for us." I stayed tense, because I have always been scared of the dark, and you never know what lurks in the dark. I was wondering what was going to happen to me, when I felt suddenly weak, I didn't know what was happening, I was using all my power to stay up, but it wasn't working. I fell to the ground, and the rest of my power went to opening my eyes, and A familiar face came into view. "Where's the disk?" "Huh? . . . " I said. "The disk. Where is it." "I don't know. . . " "Come on, wheres the disk?" "I don't know." "Yes, you do, tell me and I'll let you live." I shook my head slightly. He slapped my across the face, "You're gonna tell me where the disk is!" I shook my head again. He was handed a needle, and the man knelt down, and got really close to my ear, "See you in a few days. . . " He thrusted the needle into my upper arm. That was uncomfortable, my body tensed, and I felt the serum go into my veins from my arm, my eyes squeezed shut, and I was trying to fight it, but everything went black, and I got lost in all that blackness, then my mind went blank. I woke up, and looked around, 'How long have I been asleep?' I was in a bed, and had a headache, and why are there white walls and gifts in here? 'This is a hospital. Why?? Am I back with my parents or family? OR am I still with that creep?' A nurse came in, and she smiled, "Why am I here?" "I'll send somebody in here to explain, but all I know is that you got a bump on your head." "Bump?" "Yes. I'll be right back." She left, and then that creep came back. "You." "Yes, me." "Why?? Did you bring me here?!" "No. That was your parents." "Where are they?" "I don't know, and frankly, I don't care." "Why are you here then?!" "Revenge. . . " Suddenly my father came into the room, and jumped the guy, handcuffed him, and slammed him into the wall. Mom came in. "Callie, are you okay?" I nodded. Some other officers came in. "Take him away." "Let me guess. My pager was found, and you came to my rescue, got there, and sent teams into different sections, cornered the creep into a room, he then put a gun to my head, and threatened to shoot me when I was out then someone attacked him but he slepped out of the man's grasp, and hit my head with something, then ran off. You brought me here, unsure if I was alright, pulled an all-nighter here, and you know the rest." "She'll be okay." Dad said to mom. "I need food." A nurse came in with some kind of casserole, potato salad, yellow kello, and cherry koolaid, and I ate it down, "How long has it been since. . . " "Four days." "My goodness. . . what an adventure. . . I mean terrible tragedy, definetly." "Do you think you'll need help?" "No. Just need my homework delivered here or wherever I may be in the near, very near future." "Our teenage genious. What do you want to do now?" "Get me some college-rule paper and five number 2 pencils." "Why?" "I want to write a story about what happened in this past week." The End

No comments: